Project Board Workshop
The Project Board Workshop is a 1-day event designed to provide current or proposed project board members with a clear insight into their respective roles and behaviours. This is achieved through a lively mix of practical and trainer-led sessions.
The default project management approach is PRINCE2, although this is normally tailored to link into the host organisation’s own methods. The event commences with an overview of the project board role and required behaviours, in the context of the project/host organisation, then progresses through the life of a ‘PRINCE2’ project whist providing practical challenges for the course participants.
- Introductions & objectives
- An overview of PRINCE2 (or host’s tailored approach)
- The role of the Project Board
- Practical session 1
- The Project Board agenda
- Pre-Project approval gateway & practical session
- Project Initiation gateway & practical session
- Mid-stage delivery & practical session
- Stage boundaries & practical session
- Closure/post-project & practical
- Embedding Best Practice project management
- Summary & close.
Approach & Benefits
The Project Board Workshop is delivered by an experienced PRINCE2-accredited course leader, who will make the event interesting, challenging and informative.....participants will feel they have fully engaged during the day and will be better equipped to be an effective project board member. All participants receive a full set of delegate materials.
Who should attend?
Anyone who is taking a PRINCE2-style project board role e.g. Executive/Sponsor, Senior User, Senior Supplier.
Anyone who is assigned a Project Assurance role, reporting to a project board.