Best Practice GAP Analysis & Roadmap
The Best Practice GAP Analysis is a 5-day consultancy assignment that compares the target project management environment with the pragmatic Best Practice guidance embodied in widely-adopted methods including PRINCE2, MSP, Agile PM and P3O. The following project management-related topics are normally included in the scope of the GAP Analysis:
- The types of project undertaken
- Business case & cost/benefit
- Project life-cycle(s)
- Roles, responsibilities & governance
- Communications & stakeholder engagement
- Planning techniques
- Quality management
- Risk management
- Progress control, reporting and dashboards
- Change & Issue management
- Resource management/allocation of work
- Project management office & collaborative tools (e.g. Sharepoint)
Effective team-working (e.g. MBTI)
For each of the above topics, several key questions are addressed, including:
- Is the topic relevant to effective project management in your organisation?
- Are there any processes already in place that can be retained and/or built upon?
- Where there are gaps, what actions are required to fill them?
The Best Practice GAP Analysis will include a Roadmap which sets out specific time-based recommendations and actions required for you to implement an effective, pragmatic and Best Practice project management environment designed to address the growing demand for the delivery of products and services. The GAP Analysis & Roadmap will be a unique & valuable piece of collateral that your management can subsequently use to make an informed business decision in terms of which actions to progress, when and by whom.
The Best Practice GAP Analysis is undertaken by a skilled facilitator, typically over an elapsed period of two weeks. The normal sequence of events would be as follows:
Day 1: Introductions, initial discussions & confirmation of scope
Day 2: Informal interviews, fact-gathering & analysis
Day 3: Informal interviews, fact-gathering & analysis
Day 4: Roadmap Report preparation
Day 5: Report delivery & presentation.
The Best Practice GAP Analysis & Roadmap can be conducted at an agreed fixed-price.
Please email Matthew Cabot for more details.