Managing Succesful Programmes (MSP®)
The event follows the syllabus mandated by Axelos and is based on the manual
released in 2011. This course combines both the MSP Foundation and Practitioner levels.
This course is accredited by the APM Group. It is an intensive yet enjoyable course,
with practical classroom lectures, discussion, individual exercises, group exercises
and case study work. This course will give delegates a sound understanding of the
principles and practice of successful Programme Management.
To provide delegates with a full understanding of the approach to Programme
Management (as per the Axelos publication “Managing Successful Programmes”
Help to prepare delegates for the MSP®) 2011 Foundation and Practitioner
Who should attend?
Ideally, delegates should possess a basic awareness of the principles of Programme
Management. Typical attendees include: Programme Managers and Directors,
Programme/Project Support Staff who undertake roles in Programmes, Managers
involved in Business Change and all staff seeking a professional qualification in
Delegates will show their ability to describe the need for programme
- Describe the overall responsibility of the programme team
- Demonstrate the role of programmes in delivering business change
- Define the fundamental importance of the Governance Themes.
Examination & Certification
All delegates sit the MSP foundation and practitioner examination during the course.
The characteristics of the MSP Foundation exam are:
- 75 multiple choice questions
- 1 hour
- Candidates require a minimum of 35 correct answers (50%) to pass.
The characteristics of the MSP Practitioner examination are:
- Takes place at the end of the course.
- 8 questions, each worth 10 marks each. Total of 80 marks
“Objective Test Examination” format – a style of complex multiple-choice
- 2½ hours duration
- Delegates may use their official MSP manual: “Managing Successful Programmes”
Candidates require a minimum of 40 marks (50%) to pass
By successfully passing the practitioner exam, delegates attain ‘Registered
Your Instructor & study programme
All instructors are skilled lecturers, approved by APMG with extensive ‘real-world’
Pre-course preparation is required along with some evening study whilst the course
is in progress.
This MSP Foundation & Practitioner course is accredited by the APM Group.
Specific core topics include:
- Introduction to Programme Management
- Managing Successful Programmes Overview
- Governance Themes
- Transformational Flow and Key Products
- Identifying a Programme
- Defining a Programme
- The Transformational Flow
- Benefits Realisation
- Managing the Tranches
- Delivering the Capability
- Realising the Benefits
- Risk Management
- Quality Management
- Closing a Programme
Comprehensive Foundation and Practitioner examination practice is provided in both paper and online examination formats.
Please email Matthew Cabot for details.